The History Center of Olmsted County is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization. As such, our financial and audit information is made available to the public. You can find this information in the documents below.
Any questions related to our financial and audit information should be directed to 507-282-9447.
Click below for the Annual Report
Even though tax-exempt nonprofits do not pay federal taxes, they do have to file an information form with the IRS. That form is called a 990. Having to file the 990 makes sure that nonprofits conduct their business in a way that is consistent with their public responsibilities.
Click below for Transparency and Financial Disclosure
Will you help us preserve your legacy? The History Center of Olmsted County is asking over 300 businesses in Olmsted County to share the history of their business with us. The information and stories you share will be placed in our archives and be accessible for current and future generations.
Why are we asking for this information?
- Your business is part of the foundation of this community.
- Who can tell your story better than the person who lived it?
- Future generations will come to the History Center to research the rich history of this area, and you should be part of that information.
- Your family will have your stories and contributions preserved and accessible for genealogical research.
- The History Center of Olmsted County is a safe place to keep your legacy alive.
You are not alone in this endeavor; the History Center is here if you need assistance. We have included some questions here to get you started. We also encourage you to share a couple of photos to help tell your story. Please provide as much information as you can, place it in the self-addressed stamped envelope and drop it in the mail.
The History Center of Olmsted County deeply appreciates your participation in this project. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Krista Lewis, our archivist, at 507-282-9447 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support the History Center of Olmsted County with your time and talents