The History Center museum features rotating exhibits on the people and events that shaped the history of Olmsted County. The exhibit gallery changes regularly, so visit periodically to see new stories and different artifacts on display.
Our current main exhibit is Olmsted County and the Great War outlining Olmsted County's participation in World War I. Discover how the people of Olmsted County supported the war effort and recognize the sacrifices they made at home and in Europe. Then, "cross" the Atlantic Ocean and tour a life-size replica trench, try on authentic uniform pieces, look through a model trench telescope, and pick up a sandbag to realize just a few of the hardships soldiers faced in the trenches.
Olmsted County and the Great War will be on display through 2018.
The History Center has quite an array of traveling exhibits scheduled for the upcoming years. Each one will be exhibited for anywhere from several weeks to several months. Plan your visit now and don't miss out!
- Mayo Clinic Nurse Anesthesia Program - October 6 - April 2018
- Courage and Compassion: Our Shared Story of the Japanese American World War II Experience - April 13 - June 17, 2018. Special Grand Opening event is on May 4, 2018
- Fur Trade in Minnesota - August 4 - September 22, 2018
- Electrifying Minnesota - September 29 - December 2, 2018
- Coming of Age: The 1968 Generation - September 21, 2019 - January 5, 2020
Support the History Center of Olmsted County with your time and talents